From Kelabit Wiki
- How do I create a new page?
- Easiest way is type a word in the search box (press go). If it's not there, you will be prompted to create a page. Click on create this page. Try searching for different spelling also (see spelling guide). If the entry was given with a number of different spellings, then you should still find a match. --SRajaDita 22:46, 7 August 2007 (CEST)
- You can also create a new page (or article) by clicking on a word highlighted in red that has been linked in another article, that is put in [[double square brackets]]. See Palug Rayah or OKC word list or Kelabit.Net word list --SRajaDita 22:46, 7 August 2007 (CEST)
- 2nd question here.
- How do I edit a page?
- Click on the edit tab above the page title. --SRajaDita 22:46, 7 August 2007 (CEST)
- Are there any templates I can use so that I can just fill in the blanks?
- What are the formating tools above the editor box?
- Point your mouse over each icon/symbol to show a short description. --SRajaDita 00:27, 8 August 2007 (CEST)
- How do I link to another page or word?
- Linking to other pages or words internally within Kelabit Wiki, the syntax is [[Linked word]]. See more info here | Help:Link#Syntax --SRajaDita 00:27, 8 August 2007 (CEST)
- Linking to other pages or words in Wikipedia, the syntax is [[Wikipedia:word]]
- Linking to other pages or words in Wiktionary (english version), the syntax is [[Wiktionary:word]]
- Linking to other pages or words in Wiktionary (malay version), the syntax is [[:Wiktionary:ms:word]]
- Linking to other non-wiki pages, the syntax is [http://peburi.ebario.com]. Note only single square brackets.
- Adding |Word as a suffix like [[Wikipedia:word|Word]] displays only the'Word' that follows the pipe (|).
- How do I re-direct a page?
- For example you want to redirect the page 'ara' to 'buaq ara'. Just create the page 'ara' with the following:
#REDIRECT [[buaq ara]]
- Next question?
Images and media
- How do I upload files?
- Click on Upload file under the toolbox menu on the left.
- Note that if a file with the same filename has already been uploaded, the file will be overwritten. Please prefix your files with your username so that you do not inadvertently overwrite other users' files. --SRajaDita 00:27, 8 August 2007 (CEST)
- Please include a short summary to include details like when picture was taken, where, by whom, etc. Example: 'Picture of [[Menalan]] taken near Pa' Merariew in December 2005 by [[user:Lraja]]. --SRajaDita 00:27, 8 August 2007 (CEST)
- What file formats can I upload?
- You may upload the follow file types 'png', 'gif', 'jpg'/'jpeg', 'ogg'. --SRajaDita 00:27, 8 August 2007 (CEST)
- What is 'ogg'?
- How can I embed images?
- How can I embed audio and video?
- To embed media files [[media:filename.ogg]]. --SRajaDita 00:27, 8 August 2007 (CEST)
- Can I embed external images?
- For security reasons this is disabled. You may still provide a link to it in the same format as an external page [http://lemur.duke.edu/animals/slowloris/general.jpg] --SRajaDita 00:27, 8 August 2007 (CEST)
- Next question?
- What is the discussion tab for?
- The discussion or talk page is available for each article. We can use this as a forum for discussing specific issues related to that article. Edit it in the same way as the main article. --SRajaDita 00:27, 8 August 2007 (CEST)
- What is the watch tab for?
- The watch tab marks the article such that it is added to 'my watchlist'. For example you may want to monitor articles that you submitted for edits by others. Or any other articles you have an interest or expertise in.
- Next question?
- Question 1
- Answer 1